Emerge-A-Leader Program (EAL)
Real-Life Action Planning
There are profound benefits from young people being socially conscious and a part of an interrelated community with their peers and others. Therefore, our objective is to facilitate a program that encourages students to be positive influences and emerge as leaders within their school, home, and community. Emerge-A-Leader (EAL) is a program designed to support our students, significantly those underrepresented, in finding their voice and understanding how powerful and essential their participation is to social progression and inclusive development. EAL allows students to be active citizens (leaders) within their schools and community through carefully structured community service-learning projects, mentoring, and self-discovery. This staple program of State of Emerge-A-City, NFP (SOE) will enhance students' awareness of leadership traits, critical thinking, and action planning.
(1) Direct energy and talents toward making a positive difference
(2) Create a greater sense of connection in school and community
(3) Positive influences among their peers
(4) Team building
(5) Greater understanding of the world around us
(6) Advocate for others
(7) Identify proper channels for communicating with people in power
(8) Foster curiosity to create well-rounded students
Questions to Be Asked
• Yes, we have many problems, but what am I doing about them as a leader?
• What positive impact can I make in my community?
• How am I changing the space I live in?
Complete One Page Essay
Agree to the "Participant Pledge"- Participant and Parent must sign the form
Commitment to program- 5 weeks, meeting twice per week; Thursdays and Saturdays
Avoid partaking in violence or illegal activities.